From From the Kitchen at Boulder Lee
- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1¾ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon instant or rapid-rise yeast
- 1½ cups water
Note: you will need a Dutch oven or large, heavy casserole with lid.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, salt and yeast.
- Add water and mix until a shaggy mixture forms.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and set aside for 12–18 hours. Overnight works great.
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- When the oven has reached 450 degrees place a cast iron pot with a lid (Dutch oven) in the oven and heat the pot for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour dough onto a heavily floured surface and shape into a ball.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let set while the pot is heating.
- Remove hot pot from the oven and drop in the dough.
- Cover and return to oven for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes remove the lid and bake an additional 7–10 minutes.
- Remove bread from oven and place on a cooling rack to cool.
Before you add the water
- Bacon and cheddar
- Rosemary (1 t), feta (¾ c), and sundried tomatoes in oil (½ c)
- Jalapenos (canned, small can) and pepper jack
- Chocolate and cranberries
- Rosemary and sharp cheddar
- Chocolate chips and orange infused cranberries
- Apricot, cranberry, and chocolate
- Rosemary and feta
- Marinated artichokes and raw garlic (6 cloves, sliced very thinly)
- Orange infused cranberry, almond, and orange zest
- Lemon zest, feta, and rosemary